Immigration Visa

I am often asked which Visas are okay for some one to get a mortgage.  So I wanted to pass this info along.  These Visas are approved for someone to get a FHA or Conventional mortgage:

A Series (A-1, A-2, A-3):these visas are given to officials of foreign governments, immediate family members and support staff. Only those without diplomatic immunity, as verified on the visa, are allowed.


E-1 Treaty Trader and E-2 Treaty Investor:this visa is essentially the same as an H-1 or L-1; the title refers to the foreign country's status with the United States.


G Series (G-1, G-2, G-3, G-4, G-5): these visas are given to employees of international organizations that are located in the United States. Some examples include the United Nations, Red Cross, World Bank, UNICEF and the International Monetary Fund. Verification that the applicant does not have diplomatic immunity must be obtained from the applicant's employer and/or by the viewing the applicant's passport.


H-1 (includes H-1B and H-1C), Temporary Worker: this is the most common visa given to foreign citizens who are temporarily working in the United States.


L-1, Intra-Company Transferee: an L-1 visa is given to professional employees whose company's main office is in a foreign country. 


TN, NAFTA visa:used by Canadian or Mexican citizens for professional or business purposes.


TC, NAFTA visa: used by Canadian citizens for professional or business purposes.


This list is for FHA and Conventional Loans.  Please keep in mind that the loan is still approved based on other factors such as credit, income, assets, etc.  And this list is for most lenders including myself, but some lenders may or may not accept all approved visa’s.